Securing Healthy Soils
Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand is her country's Ambassador to Austria and IAEA Governor. On
World Soil Day, Princess Bajrakitiyabha explains His Majesty King Bhumibol's lifelong commitment to preserving and protecting soil.
- Story Resources
- Video: Securing Healthy Soils, 5 December 2012
- More Food With Better Soil - Using Isotope Techniques To Improve Soil Quality, 18 September 2012
- Saving Soil - Saving Livelihoods, 5 December 2012
- Technical Cooperation: Agriculture and Food Security
- NAFA: Soil and Water Management and Crop Nutrition
- Global Soil Partnership, FAO
- PALM Project, UNU-EHS
- In Focus: Water
Soil is an indispensable part of our environment. Healthy, fertile soils are essential to secure food and clean water, to preserve biodiversity, and to mitigate climate change.
On World Soil Day, 5 December 2012, Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand, discussed in this video interview His Majesty King Bhumibol's lifelong commitment to preserving and protecting soil.
World Soil Day is celebrated on His Majesty's birthday to honour his contribution to soil preservation. Princess Bajrakitiyabha, Ambassador to Austria and IAEA Governor, also discusses sustainable solutions to help prevent soil loss.
-- By Peter Kaiser, IAEA Division of Public Information
(Note to Media: We encourage you to republish these stories and kindly request attribution to the IAEA)