What is the IAEA Peaceful Uses Initiative?
The IAEA Peaceful Uses Initiative (PUI) was initially launced in 2010 and has, since then, become an important vehicle for raising extra-budgetary contributions in support of Agency activities in the peaceful uses of nuclear technology. Read more →
To date, financial contributions have been received from the following Member States and Organization:
- Member States: Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Korea,New Zealand, Sweden and USA.
- Organization: European Commission
IAEA Departments working with PUI
The PUI encompasses every major aspect of the IAEA's work on peacful applications of nuclear technology, and works with its relevant department to identify, plan and carry out projects.
- Department of Nuclear Energy
- Department of Nuclear Science and Applications
- Department of Nuclear Safety and; Security
- Department of Technical Cooperation