IAEA By Numbers
159 Member States
2 474 professional and support staff
€314 million total regular budget
55 years of international service by 2012
At a Glance...
The information below is from the latest IAEA Annual Report.
- 159 Member States.
- 72 intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations worldwide having formal agreements with the Agency.
- 55 years of international service by 2012.
- 2 474 professional and support staff.
- €314 million total regular budget for 2011, supplemented by extrabudgetary contributions received in 2011 amounting to €61.9 million.
- $70.4 million target in 2011 for voluntary contributions to the Agency's Technical Cooperation Fund, supporting projects involving 3 319 expert and lecturer assignments, 4 634 meeting participants, 3 051 participants in training courses and 1 397 fellows and scientific visitors.
- 2 liaison offices (in New York and Geneva) and 2 safeguards regional offices (in Tokyo and Toronto).
- 2 international laboratories (Seibersorf and Monaco).
- 120 active Coordinated Research Projects involving 1 586 approved research, technical and doctoral contracts and research agreements.
- 178 States with safeguards agreements in force involving 2 024 safeguards inspections performed in 2011. Safeguards expenditures in 2011 amounted to €124.3 million in regular budget and €7.6 million in extrabudgetary resources.
- 20 national safeguards support programmes and 1 multinational support programme (European Union).
- 12.7 million average monthly hits to the Agency's IAEA.org web site.
- 3.3 million records in the International Nuclear Information System (INIS), the Agency's largest database.
- 324 publications and newsletters issued (in print and electronic formats) in 2010.